Sunday 7 September 2014

How to get pastel coloured hair - Lilac

So I've been asked quite a few times now as to how and what I have used to make my hair lilac so I thought I would do a quick post to answer everyone's questions!

As much as I hate to admit it, my half isn't in the greatest condition as I have been bleaching it for the passed two years so when I decided I wanted to add a little colour to my hair I chose a product that would not damage if further.

I chose to use La Riche Directions temporary hair dye in Lilac when colouring my hair as the pigment is bright and can easily be lightened if you find the colour to dark on it's own.

As my hair is so long to achieve the perfect shade of lilac I mix roughly half a teaspoon (yes, just half a teaspoon, that's how good Directions is!) with roughly a litre of white conditioner - it doesn't have to be expensive, I use the white coconut conditioner from Tesco which is just 80p a bottle, otherwise colouring can become very expensive!

I mix the colour and conditioner in a large bowl, preferably a plastic bowl you don't mind staining, and apply with a large hair dye brush.

It's usually easier if you section your hair to get maximum coverage and start applying the dye mix from the bottom upwards using the brush and I would also advise using rubber gloves as it's a messy job - if you can get someone to check you've covered every section, or even better if you can get someone else to do it for you! After all ..no one wants streaky hair!

The directions colours tend to work better on bleached or light blonde hair, especially when trying to achieve lighter colours so this technique may not work for everyone but I hope I've answered your questions 💜

Feel free to comment any questions 💜


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I used to use Manic Panic but I'd like to try bleach London have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's next on my list! I want to try the pink Bleach London colour so I will post a review! 💕

    ReplyDelete