Tuesday 19 May 2015

Illamasqua Lipstick | Summer Shades - Favs!




Like most girls, I am a total sucker for lipsticks! Every colour, shape, finish ..you name it I'll wear it!

My latest lipstick venture was to find the perfect spring/summer lipsticks ..something that would last all day, would be easy to apply on the go and would go with everything!

I trawled through the cosmetics isles in Superdrug and Boots purchasing a range of different branded lipsticks but found almost all of them dried my lips out (not what you need with English weather!), didn't last for more than 20 minutes or would smudge easily.

Completely unsatisfied with what I had found so far I decided to search online. I adore MAC's Velvet Teddy lipstick but found it difficult to get hold of and when buying online you can never be too sure you're buying something authentic so I decided to look for an alternative from a high end brand.

I have a little collection of Illamasqua lipsticks and have always had such good experiences with these products. I purchased Vampette and Shard to match my winter wardrobe and always found the lipsticks would last for hours and kept my lips hydrated even in the harsh winter weather while keeping the bold colour all day.

Illamasqua have a range of nude shades, my favourites being Bare, Climax and Obey. I decided to go for Bare as it's a slightly darker nude shade with a hint of pink (I LOVE pink!)

As well as a nude shade I also wanted a quirky pink shade to match wardrobe which is mainly dominated by pastel pink! I chose Liv as it can be applied lightly with gloss for a soft pink shade or on it's own for a luscious pastel glow.

Btw - Both of these shades are matte finish, I'm loving matte over a shiny/satin finish right now!

After waiting patiently for a long 3 days for them to arrive I practically threw myself at the postman to get the package from him and broke a nail trying to get into the box (cry!)

Both lipsticks were even better than I expected. Both the nude shade (Bare) and the pastel pink shade (Liv) is perfect for both every day and evening wear. (I have marked in the pics which shade is which to get an idea of how bold the colours are, each are only one stroke!)

I would definitely recommend the brand to any girls looking to try something new in the high end market. Although they appear to be a little on the pricey side, the high quality is well worth the extra expense.

Both lipsticks came from the official Illamasqua online store - www.illamasqua.com

No comments:

Post a Comment