Tuesday 19 August 2014

Beauty Buys of America

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been a while, packing for a holiday really does take up all your time!

But .. I'm finally here, across the pond in Florida!

Even though I've only been here a few days I'm already drooling over all makeup brands out here that we don't have at home like Covergirl, Wet'n'Wild and my favourite NYX.

So I thought I would do a little blog on my favourite American beauty buys so far!

First up is the Wet'n'Wild 5x megaplump mascara at the 'value for money' end of the beauty spectrum - being so well priced (at 3.97$ to be exact) I wasn't sure what to expect, I've always had good experiences when using the Wet'n'Wild brand so decided to put this mascara to the test!
I can safely say it did not disappoint, especially for a cheaper drugstore brand. The brush is a perfect thickness for capturing both long and short lashes without leaving clumps, keeping the lashes separated while adding extra length and volume. Even when using the mascara on my bottom lashes where things tend to get messy, it worked like a dream.
I would suggest using two coats as this adds to the length and makes the lashes look extra dark without looking extra clumpy! I would recommend this product to all of my blog readers.

The second product I would love to share with you guys is the NYX Set it Don't Fret It matte finishing powder.
I Love NYX products but the can be difficult to get your hands on in the UK with some products only being available in the US so I jumped at the chance of a few cheeky NYX purchases while in Target of all places!
In this post I would like to share my review on the matte finishing powder - my makeup daily makeup routine usually consists of a little concealer, liquid foundation, finishing powder to set the concealer and foundation then blush/bronzer and to finish -mascara and sometimes eyeliner if I have the time!
I have always had trouble finding a finishing powder that will cover the foundation without making my face look orange! I have tried what seems like hundreds of different powders, all of which have the same outcome - an awful orange face!
I've read some reviews on the NYX powder and thought I should give it a go as it is praised all over the internet.
The product is a superfine translucent powder that can be applied easily with powder/kabuki brush - tip a little powder into the product lid to make sure you don't end up a mountain of powder going to waste, then dab the brush lightly into the powder in the lid, you only want a tiny amount on the brush to avoid the powder caking over your makeup or flicking the powder all over the place (I learnt that the hard way) then softly brush the powder over your face, avoid applying pressure as this can brush away foundation and give it a streaky look.

I would suggest this powder is more something you would use as well as foundation/concealer, as coverage is quite minimal and will not cover any blemishes, although if you're lucky enough to have perfectly clear skin and are just looking for a light powder to reduce any shiny patches then this product is also ideal.
So if you're tired of orange, cakey powders I would definitely recommend the NYX Set It Don't Fret It Matte powder - available in various stores in the US and available online for the UK and other counties.

I hope you enjoyed my little reviews of beauty products from across the pond! Comment below ❤️

Wet'n'Wild Megaplump Mascara 


NYX Set It & Don't Fret It Matte Finishing Powder


Here I have used both products :)







1 comment:

  1. I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here.
    Online Mobile Phones

    ReplyDelete