Saturday 14 May 2016

#eSCexbbmeetup with Saturated Colour - Part 1!

Before I give you goss on Saturdays Saturated Colour blogger meet up I have to apologise for neglecting my blog recently.
I have become far more involved in pageants than I thought I would and have been working flat out to plan out fits, charity events etc but it has all been worth it as I am now through to the miss Popularity final in June (which is like a semi-final) which could win me a place in the Miss England grand final in July! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Anyway ..back to the important stuff!

The lovely girls at Saturated Colour HQ kindly invited me to their blogger meet up last Saturday held in their beautiful Essex HQ.
I found the brand on Instagram a few months ago and have become a fan of their niche lip products and bold colours!

They sell a range of innovative lip products from a colour switch lip stick that is great to use on lip colours that may be too dark for you or jazz up a colour you’re getting bored of, to a lipstick that can make any satin lipstick matte without drying out your lips as well as lipsticks and lip vinyl’s in a range of colours to suit all styles and seasons and to make things better they don’t test on animals and almost all of their products (everything but the sheer stick) is vegan friendly!

So ..on to the event itself! Us bloggers arrived at a quaint barn conversion in the Essex countryside, greeted by a selection of summery cocktails and the gorgeous SC girls.
We had some time to mingle while waiting on a few stragglers then it was on to a talk about the business with the girls. It was so interesting to find out what the inspiration was behind Saturated Colour and how they wanted to be a little different to other cosmetics brands and create niche lip products as well as hear about their routes and future plans. Saturated Colour HQ are also a distributer for NYX ..little interesting fact there for you.

After finding out more about the brand we were split into 3 teams and invited to take part in a lip art challenge! The winner receive lots of SC goodies and a £20 voucher for a local pub/restaurant.
I tried to go for a mermaid ombre sort of look ..great idea in my head but not so great in practice, especially as we only had 10 minutes to complete it! The winner created a beaut pink ombre look using lipstick, lip vinyl and the colour switch.

After completing out lip art we were invited to use the SC selfie station to show off our lip art and what products we had  used. To create my mermaid look I use the lip vinyl in ‘first date’ an amazing pink shade, a deep purple lipstick to create the scales and the colour switch to add the ombre effect. To line my lips I used the new ‘Multitasker’ liner that SC are due to release a little later this year ..hands down this is the best liner I have ever used! As it is designed for lips eyes and body art the texture is creamy and glides on to the skin beautifully, it would be perfect for makeup artists, body painters and also those who are not very familiar with liner and are looking for a product that is easy to work with.

You wouldn’t believe how much fun bloggers can have with some lip products, a camera and some chalk boards ..we took so many selfies!
After our selfie sessions we had the chance to mingle some more and speak with the SC girls about their products as well as look at their products up close. It was great to get to know the brand better and meet the lovely ladies behind the social media!

Each blogger was given a goody bag with products handpicked suit them as well as information and coconut oil curtesy of Vita Coco UK who also sponsored the event. Anyone who knows me knows I use coconut oil like it’s going out of fashion and it’s a god send to my blonde hair! My SC products in my goody bag included a multitasker liner in black, I am literally loving it right now I can’t wait for the launch to pick up some other colours, and a ‘Make Me Matte’ lipstick that turns any satin lipstick matte without ruining the colour or drying out your lips like normal matte lipsticks typically do! I will be doing a more in depth follow up review of all the products I was given and purchased at the event so keep your eyes peeled!

I really do rate Saturated Colour products highly, it’s refreshing to see a brand who are not afraid to be a little different and try new products as well as the fact they do not test on animals!

Huge thank you to the Saturated Colour team for inviting me to your fab event and shout out to Vita Coco UK for sponsoring!

To have a closer look at Saturated Colours products they have social media and a brand new website!

Insta - @saturated_colour
Twitter - SC_cosmetics_uk
Website - saturatedcolour.com





















2 comments:

  1. Ahh this looks so fun - i was invited but had a friend down for the weekend :( loving the look of their liquid lipsticks though!

    sophee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really loved this article and loved reading about the whole even and scenario that went down with it. i am sure it must been an amazing experience to add into

    ReplyDelete