Tuesday 23 February 2016

Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick Review




Everyone has their weaknesses and one of mine happens to be lipstick. I can’t go a day without wearing lipstick and I literally own so many I’ve lost count but I really can’t help myself, every time a new lipstick comes out I just have to have it!

My latest lipstick obsession happens to be the Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks, I cannot get enough of these beauties!
I had previously tried a few other brands of liquid lipstick but just wasn’t feeling them as some would never dry properly, some would smudge and a few even started to crumble after only 10 minutes or so of wearing them!
I had seen some mixed reviews on social media due to the scandal that hit the internet is 2015 but decided to give them a try for myself.

I took a guess with the colours as the online swatches on Beauty Bay are pretty off to be honest, and ordered Serenity as this was the shade I liked most and had heard a lot about.
As expected the shade that arrived was different to that shown on Beauty Bay but if anything it was actually nicer than what I had expected.

The liquid lipstick has a typical ‘lipgloss’ wand applicator which usually I despise with normal lipglosses but the wand actually makes application of the liquid lipstick so much easier than applying standard bullet lipstick. It is great for getting the right shape without the use of lipliner, perfect if you’re on the go all of the time!

The product itself is what really impressed me. Liquid lipsticks get a bad name for smudging, crumbling or the colour being to diluted but Gerard Cosmetics have really out done themselves with this lipstick! The colours are so bold and look the same on your lips as they do in the tube. The lipstick glides on effortlessly and dry’s in a few minutes, while it does leave a slightly sticky residue this does go once fully dry. Another factor that impressed me is just how long the product lasts, I wear it to work on a daily basis and only have to apply once in the morning and rarely have to touch it up, even after lunch. Even on nights out I find the lipstick lasts all night and doesn’t smudge at all. What more could a girl ask for!

The only slight downside is if you do have to reapply it, if you try to reapply too much it does become a little cakey but this can be resolved with a makeup wipe or cotton bud without ruining your makeup.

Because I was so impressed with just how good this liquid lipstick is I obviously had to buy more ..4 more in fact, of various shades and tones to suit every occasion and outfit.
I don’t even think I could choose a favourite shade!

Although Gerard Cosmetics is an American company (cry!) some of their makeup range is stocked on the Beauty Bay website, although this is very limited at least you have the option of next day delivery.



The shades shown here are:
Invasion
Ballet Slipper
Aphrodite
Iced Mocha
Serenity

All are £9.50 each from Beauty Bay.

Thanks for reading!

Until next time…
Essex Beauty Queen xxx

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful review, I'm always looking for new liquid lipsticks to try out myself and these look pretty promising. Looking forward to more such posts from you soon!

    ReplyDelete